Here’s what to expect:
- Submit Your Application: After reading through everything on this site, head over to the application and fill it out. I’ll ask you a bunch of pointed questions, and by the time you’re finished answering, you’ll probably know whether this job is a good fit for you or not.
- Skype Interview: Why not do a phone interview? One reason: this is a test of your technical skills. If you’re not familiar with Skype, it’s fairly easy to set up and learn. Google is your friend. 🙂
- In-Person Interview: If you nail the Skype interview, we’ll then schedule a time to come hang out in person. Don’t worry, this won’t be a stodgy old-style interview where I ask you about your favorite colors and whatnot. Mostly, I just want to get to know you.
- Skill and Personality Testing: Here’s where things get serious. If you’ve made it this far, I’ll give you a series of written and skill tests. I’m still working out exactly what we’ll have you do, but expect to show off your organization skills, maybe cook a recipe or two, and tinker around on the computer.
- Tryouts: By this point, I’ll have narrowed down to probably 3-5 applicants, and I’ll want to work with each of you for a day or two. You’ll come in and spend the entire day with me, doing all the work you would if you get the job. I’ll pay you for the day, of course. 🙂
- Background Check: Here, I’ll make the final decision on who to hire, and if I choose you, I’ll let you know and we’ll start the background check process. I’ll talk to your past employers, go through your driving record, verify you have no criminal history anywhere in the world, and in general, do an extremely thorough background check.
- You’re Hired! If you pass the background check, you’re hired! Your first official day on the job will be August 15.